Re: 20001215: sfcntr bug (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Mon, 18 Dec 2000 22:41:18 -0700 (MST)
From: Steve Chiswell <address@hidden>
To: David Ovens <address@hidden>
Subject: Re: 20001215: sfcntr bug

David,

Our machine is still running OSF4.0f. Once the reomodeling of our
office space is complete, our system administrator will set up
the new Compaq running 5.0 so that I can test things directly on
your platform.

One thing that you could try is completely removing $GEMLIB/sfcntr.a then
in the sfcntr director do a " make all install clean". Occasionally, I have
found that DEC's "make" program fails to update archive members after compiling
the code.

Other than that, I'll keep delving into the problem, but will go ahead and
release GEMPAK 5.6.a tomorrow since I want to make sure sites have time to
upgrade to read the zlib compressed NIDS products before January.

Thanks for your efforts,

Steve Chiswell
Unidata User Support