20001116: sfmap multi-panel displays with satfil

David,

Only 1 sat or radar image per panel is possible since image dropping
is only done when CLEAR=yes. With clear to no, GEMPAK reads the projection
information
for the plot from the image but does notdrop the image.

The best way for creating 4 images on the display is either:
open 4 different xw devices using different window names in the device
definition
(and size appropriately... you can use .Xdefaults to control window placement
within your X environment
as well), or use a program such as ImageMagick to combine 4 gif displays into a
single gif file.

Opening multiple xw devices (up to 5) is possible like:
DEVICE = xw|winname

Steve Chiswell
Unidata User SUpport