20001116: Making mcidas-garp links under OSF/1

Luis,

There is a problem with the old code setting the size of the
integers in the McIDAS area directory to "longs". They should be "ints".
Eg, 32 bits on all machines. The Alpha is setting these to 64 bits, so
that the directory is being incoreectly interpreted.

I have attatched a tarfile called areainfo.tar.
You can unpack this tarfile from the $NAWIPS directory with:
tar xvf areainfo.tar

This will unpack the corrected files under the directory
unidata/programs/areainfo.

You can then rebuild this routine with:
cd $NAWIPS/unidata/programs/areainfo
make clean
make all
make install
make clean

This code change should be transparent for all the other platforms.

Steve Chiswell
Unidata User Support