20001023: GEMPAK tables

>From: "Larry D. Oolman" <address@hidden>

>The suggested actions for the gempak decoders in decoder.tbl uses snworld.tbl
>for the station table for dcuair.  This table has not been updated since
>1995 and is missing among other things, Riverton, WY.
>
>Larry Oolman

Larry,

Thanks. I will repack with the snworld table that I have maintained for the
past few years. Since NCEP has updated snstns.tbl (with Riverton,
I'll change the pqact.conf entry to use that table (which is the default
for the decoder). After the workshop is over, I'll go through the
data stream and check out the tables. In the mean time, I have the snworld.tbl
filee (from my 5.4 distribution in ~gbuddy/nawips-5.4/tables/stns/)

Also, I would suggest changing the $GEMTBL/pack/snmerg.pack entry for
SPED to store with .1 resolution. Since the US soundings are
transmitted using Knots, the conversion from SKNT to SPED for storage
will not be an integer, and as a result, the info will get truncated).

Steve Chiswell