20001019: Can gempak merge radar (satellite) image into the usual plot?

Mei,

GEMPAK can display NIDS radar images, and AREA and GINI format
satellite images using the RADFIL and SATFIL variables to
specify the name of the radar or satellite file respectively.

Set PROJ=rad to overlay on radar data, or PROJ=sat to
overlay on satellite data in any of the GEMPAK mapping programs.
See the GEMPAK tutorial for more inormation:
http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/packages/gempak/tutorial/gpmap.html

Alternatively, you can display these types of data
in NSAT or Garp:
http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/packages/gempak/tutorial/nprogs.html

Another source of radar data are the Radar
Coded Messages which can be displayed with gprcm:
http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/packages/gempak/examples/gprcm/index.html

Steve Chiswell
Unidata User Support