20001019: 20001017: glibc for RedHat 7.0

Tom,

Our Linux admin says "apperently 2.1.9x is considered part of version 2.2".
Apparently this is just a string that is in the libc.so file that is checked.

I tried some work arounds here, compiling in a runtime path search and
placing the glibc in the $GEMLIB directory so that binaries get that version,
but the system loader still has problems.

So, this is sort of a dead end here... until after the user workshop
which is monday-wednesday next week.

Steve Chiswell
Unidata User SUpport