20001017: SHIP, BUOY, and LDM/GEMPAK

Christian,

You will need to create the ~lmd/data/gempak/surface/sao directory
if it doesn't already exist.

Also, your log file output is to: -d /io/gempak/nawips/dcsynop_sb.log
That directory is probably in your GEMPAK tree....the LDM may
not have write permission there. Do you see any log file output?

Check your ldmd.log file for errors from pqact. Make sure that
the LDM use is allowed to look in the GEMPAK tree for the dcsynop
executable and the packing file. And, make sure you have run
ldmadmin pqactHUP to reread your pqact.conf file after
making any changes. Verify that all your "Tabs" are correct in the file
as well.

Steve Chiswell
Unidata User Support