20000929: Gempak compile problem

>From: Mark Tucker <address@hidden>

>Hi,
>I'm trying to build gempak on a DEC Alpha running Linux.  The compile
>chugs along for quite a while and then dies with the following error:
>
>Warning on line 180: local variable ermiss never used
>make[2]: Leaving directory `/usr/local/gempak/garp/gempak/linux'
>make[1]: *** No rule to make target
>`/usr/local/gempak/garp/gui/linux/gui.a', needed by `linux/garp'.  Stop.
>make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/local/gempak/garp'
>make: *** [all] Error 2
>
>I am installing from the archive, gempak54upc_pl17.tar.gz.
>

>Mark Tucker
>Information Technology
>Lyndon State College
>address@hidden
>http://apollo.lsc.vsc.edu

Mark,

This is the very last step in the build, linking Garp. The complaint is
that /usr/local/gempak/garp/gui/linux/gui.a doesn't exist, which probably
means that further up in the build, there was an error in the
/usr/local/gempak/garp/gui directory build. I would need to know what happened
there.

This isn't one of our tested platforms, so I can't say that I have any idea
where the problem occured.

Steve Chiswell