20000927: documents

>From: Vilma Castro <address@hidden>

>Dear sirs:
>
>We are trying to implement the use of Gempak at the University of Costa
>Rica. We would like to see the document in
>ncardata.ucar.edu\docs\grb\guide.txt, but it requires a password.
>
>Could you send us the password, or the document, or an alternative
>document with information about grb?
>
>Thank you very much,
>
>Vilma Castro

Vilma,

The GEMPAK documentation that we provide is the GEMPAK distribution tarfile
under the doc/User_Guide directory. These files are postscript and
may be printed on a laser writer.

I also provide online html versions of chapter 3 and 4 of the above user guide
in the GEMPAK tutorial web pages at:
http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/packages/gempak/tutorial/manual/toc.html

The above address ncardata.ucar.edu\docs\grb\guide.txt is not
an address that belongs to Unidata, and I have been unable to
determine what type of document you are refering to.
The name grb leads me to believe that you are refering to some sort of GRIB
guide. If you are trying to find information on GRIB and not GEMPAK, then
you can use:
ftp://ftp.ncep.noaa.gov/pub/nws/nmc/docs/gribed1/

If you can provide more information on what you are trying to find, please
let us know.

Steve Chiswell