20000926: 20000926: GARP/NSAT color enhancement bug?

Chris,

With ntl running, all of the GEMPAK applications will share a common
color map, so ifthe LUTFIL in a script is different than the looping
display, that will affect the change. The best solution I can currently
recommend is having the scripts draw to an Xvfb display instead of
your console.

In the next 5.5 release of GEMPAK, I will have a gif2 driver which will
run without an X server to draw to. The disadvantage is that without
connecting to an X server, hardware fonts are not available. So,
text is not as pleasing as with the high quality fonts provided by
X and other devices such as ps printers.

Steve Chiswell
Unidata User Support