20000912: how to view ETA?

>From: Thomas Don Aratari <address@hidden>

>Hello all
>question for you.. in the Model Plan View in Garp, I only have two data
>viewing options.. AVN and ECMWF .. How do I view the ETA data? I know that
>I am receiving the data, but it's not an option.. anything to double
>check?
>
>Thanks
>Thomas
>University of Michigan
>Space Research Building

Thomas,
The $GARPHOME/config/Garp_defaults file defines the modelkeys and modellabels
associated with the various data sets. The default configuration expects your
ETA 211 files to have the string "eta211" in the file name, eg:
2000091200_eta211.gem. The string should uniquely define each data set, for
example,
the ETA 212 grids stored as 2000091200_eta212.gem. You would not want to
use a modelkey of simply "eta" since it would match both the 211 and 212 file
names.

If you use a naming convention different from theat which is provided, you will
want to set the default garea and proj for the "modelkey"_proj and
"modelkey"_garea (eg eta211_proj and eta211_garea ) settings further
down in the file, as well as for the $GARPHOME/fdf/vector and scalar
subdirectories for the selectable functions which are also defined
by the modelkey name.

Steve Chiswell