20000828: Map analyses

>From: Tom Priddy <address@hidden>

>From: Tom Priddy
>
>....on a different concern:   We now have our linux system up with ldm and
>gempak.
>A look at this morning's 9:00am temperature/isobaric anal on our unix system
>compared
>to our linux system show to very different maps.  I've enclosed both
>maps....latestusa.gif
>is from the unix gempak system......latestusb.gif is from the linux gempak sys
> tem.
>
>Any ideas why these two maps are different...when we are using the same script
>on both gempak systems?  The linux maps doesn't indicate any of the 30's, 40's
>  and
>
>50's in NW US...while the unix map does? Help!

Tom,

I looked at the 2 gifs you refer to.

First, I noticed that the latestusa.gif map says 9AM while the latestusb.gif
says 8AM, so from the start, we are probably out in left field.

The latestusb.gif shows a 34 degree temperature plotted in Montana which
seems reasonable. The temperature contours do not seem to match this time
of day however. First, they imply 70's in Montana, and more importantly
100s in Kansas. Those temperatures in Kansas are more representative of
the daytime highs for the 28th, and not 8AM on the 29th. So, it would
appear that your temperature grid is not the same time as the plotted data.

Steve Chiswell