20000818: 20000818: 20000818: problem with 8 bit color and ldm error

Rajul,

What you need you need to do is exit out to the root command line login
prompt and run "kdmconfig". Once in kdmconfig, chose an 8 bit display setting
that matches your monitor. CDE will automatically launch using the visual you
define kdmconfig. This is slightly different than the SPARC solaris
way of defining multiple visuals such as you found in the support archives.

Steve Chiswell