20000814: 20000814: 20000810: Satellite imagery with Garp

>From: Local Data Manager <address@hidden>

>Pat,
>
>First, I'm assuming you are launching garp from the NTL
>launcher to ensure that the color table is guaranteed-
>if not, make sure you launchg garp that way.
>
>I have a solaris binary of garp under:
>
>If you can ftp that to your /tmp directory and
>"chmod 775 garp", then run it with /tmp/garp
>(ensuring that your ntl has been launched first)
>we can see if the same problem exists using my binary.
>
>Otherwise, I don't see a problem with your GOES-8 directory.
>
>Steve Chiswell
>

>:::::::::
>
>Steve:
>
>Done!  and it works just fine.  I'm not sure what I did wrong, but my GARP
>was only ~2MB, whereas yours is over 4MB.  For the moment, our GARP is more
>or less complete.  and just in time for classes to resume on Monday.
>
>Thank you again for all of your help.
>
>Pat

Pat,

The size difference is probably because the binary I posted is compiled
with debugging turned on.

Its likely that I've patched some bug along the line-
since you are able to use the binary now, we can go that route.
Later, I can pack up a complete version of the garp source tree and you might
try rebuilding it on your system- but since I know you're busy with classes
starting, I'll put that on the back burner unlessI hear from you that you
want to try a new source.

Steve Chiswell