20000804: Gempak 6.0 and Postscript Printing

>From: Tom McDermott <address@hidden>

>Hello,
>
>I understand Postscript printing will be available in the new NMAP
>program. Will it also be available in the GARP program included in the
>Gempak 6.0 distribution. Also, do you have some sort of time frame as to
>when 6.0 will be released?  Thanks.
>
>Tom
>Tom McDermott                          Email: address@hidden
>System Administrator                   Phone: (716) 395-5718
>Earth Sciences Dept.                   Fax: (716) 395-2416
>SUNY College at Brockport

Tom,

I don't know how much effort COMET will place in modifying Garp to
use the new xwp driver. They have lost several people that were working on
the Garp project, so  there may be no new development on that front.
If that's the case, I may look at what is needed to make that addition.

I would like to get the distribution out soon- while waiting for
updated documentation from NCEP. I need to release things soon since
I have to prepare the workshop this fall on using the package.

Steve Chiswell