20000802: libF77.so.4 & Gempak decoders

>From: Mark Tucker <address@hidden>

>I've moved our ldm over to a Solaris 8 X86 system and now whenever any
>of the gempak decoders (dcgrib etc...) are called I get an error message
>about ld not finding libF77.so.4.  I could not find that library
>anywhere on the server.  Gempak is installed from the binary tar
>file.  I do not have any of the Sun compilers but have gcc, f2c, g77 etc.
>installed on the system.   Where do I get this library?
>
>Thanks.
>
>Mark Tucker
>Information Technology
>Lyndon State College
>address@hidden
>http://apollo.lsc.vsc.edu

Mark

Libf77.so.4 is typically in /opt/SUNWspro/lib or your LD_LIBRARY_PATH
(you can check as to where its looking with the "ldd dcgrib" command.
(You might have downloaded the file from us into your /usr/lib directory
and been overwritten when you upgraded.

I have the typical libraries needed to run the binary installation
in the ~gbuddy/nawips-5.4/solaris_X86 directory which you can download.

Steve Chiswell