Re: 20000801: SAT/RAD YYYY problems in Garp

On Tue, 1 Aug 2000, Unidata Support wrote:

> I think I have duplicated you problem by placing both prod_yymmdd_hhmm
> and prod_yyyymmdd_hhmm in the same directories. The problem is
> probably that the yymmdd files don't match the YYYYMMDD template, so
> things are getting confused.

I was beginning to think this was the problem, since the SOUNDER files
were only 4 digit to begin with and since garp probably sees the 2digit
files before the 4 digit files.

> We can probably clear up the problem with a quick script to rename your old
> files to 4 digits.
> Here is a quick csh script I call: renameyy.csh

Thanks, it saved me the effort.

> Let me know if this solves you trouble.

It worked for sat, so presumbably it will work for nids too.  Thanks again
for your help.

Tom McDermott                           Email: address@hidden
System Administrator                    Phone: (716) 395-5718
Earth Sciences Dept.                    Fax: (716) 395-2416
SUNY College at Brockport