20000728: IM routines for CIMSS AREAfiles

Scott and Steve,

I have uploaded im_upc.tar.gz to the upc account on AS2.
This tarfile contains a routine imcalib.f used to read the calibration
block for the CIMSS AREAfile products (LI, PW, CTP, OZONE, SST, CAPE),
along with related minor updates to imrtbl.f, imar2gm.f and imdrop.f
that I have added to display the annotated colorbar for these products.

I have also included my imgtyp.tbl file for entries related to these
products and $GEMTBL/luts files for each of these products. The imrtbl.f
modification was necessary to read the band numbers for these products from
the imgtyp.tbl file (eg 2**27 etc).

These additions are primarily aimed at producing a colorbar with appropriate
units and values for the general form of these PROD calibrations-
although the current distribution does not display a color bar for
satellite images, I believe that it is necessary for these images
which we are providing to our sites since the values are inherantly
necessary in their application.

In general, I think a colorbar should be an option for satellite images
(with appropriate control over its size, location, etc.), I don't know
what your plans are in this regard, so the colorbar is only displayed for these
products in particular and not the general images with BRIT, RAW, GVAR etc.

Let me know if you have any question or concerns. I'd appreciate any
information you can give me on what your plan is for displaying
image bars if you have any.

Thanks,

Steve

Steve Chiswell