Re: 20000727: Display of CIMSS sounder products in GEMPAK

Tom,

Yes, you will need to add the directory to the Garp_defaults file.
The easiest thing to do here is to make a link from your
$GEMDATA/nport/SOUNDER to $SAT/SOUNDER, eg- under $SAT
you have directories like:
GOES-8
GOES-10
GOES-8_fl1
ANTARCTIC
SOUNDER
etc.

All you files need to be under $SAT for nsat, and the satT template
in Garp_defaults.

Then in $GARPHOME/config/Garp_defaults, add the SOUNDER directory
definition following the G7, G8, G9, G10 etc defines:
SOUNDER :  "$(SATDIR)/SOUNDER"

And then Add $(SOUNDER) to the list of sat directories to search,
for example:

sat: "$(G8) $(G10) $(COMPOSITE) $(FLOAT1) $(FLOAT2) $(SPOLE) $(SOUNDER)"

Note that the satT template at the bottom of the Garp_defaults file
should match the naming convention you are using. If you are using 4 digit
YYYY naming for the CIMMS products, you will want to install the new
areainfo.tar.Z patch which provides YYYY naming for nsat_links.

Steve Chiswell
Unidata User Support