20000722: Printing from garp

Art,

Garp supports saving images as gifs. There are many utilities such as
ghostscript and ImageMagick or giftops which can print the images-
but the quality for a 72 or 150 dpi gif image converted to postscript
is not as good as a true postscript driver plot such as you get directly
from the GEMPAK postscript driver since that is device independent
(however, at present, it is the only way to print images in GEMPAK
eg NIDS and satellite).

The upcoming release of GEMPAK does provide postscript printing from the NMAP
gui interface, including images.

Steve Chiswell
Unidata User Support