Re: 20000718: beep when certain products arrive

Robert,

The other solution is to mail the warnings to yourself (I provided
the fips program in the $GEMPAK release to allow you to key on specific
Zone or COunty numbers withing watches or warnings)-

for example:
DDPLUS  ^(WW|WR|WU|WF|RW|WG).* (KDEN|KBOU) ([0-3][0-9])([0-2][0-9])
        PIPE    -close  decoders/fips COZ039 COC013 chiz@unidata

This way, I get only those warnings that apply to my area- rather than
the entire Denver CWA.

I have xbiff running on the desktop....it beeps when a new email is received.

Another solution might be to use the www browser...many support an auto refresh.
You could log the warnings and have the browser update every 30 seconds or so.

Steve Chiswell
Unidata User Support