20000711: ETA and NGM

>From: Thomas Don Aratari <address@hidden>

>BHey all
>
>Have a quickie. When I goto view->observations->surface , the only thing i
>can get times on is the METAR, I want to see the AVN and NGM also, but no
>times come up when I click on those categories. I am decoding them, I can
>see them in my data directory.. any ideas?
>

>Thomas

Thomas,
Are you refering to AVN and NGM mos observations being decoded as surface files?
I assume it is this and not the model grids.

If it is the mos data you are looking for, and you are decoding these with
dcamos and dcnmos, then you might have to ensure that Garp is looking
in the right directory for the data.

The pqact.conf examples I provide decode these into the $GEMDATA/mos directory.
In $GARPHOME/config/Garp_defaults, the amos_dir and nmos_dir variables
define the directory that the files are to be found in as above. The amos
key means that the decoded file must have the string amos...eh yymmddhh_amos.gem
and nmos similarly.

Its also possible that you don't have any times in your decoded file if the
dcamos/dcnmos decoders can't find their packing tables etc.

You can verify this by running "sflist" and setting the sffile
variable to the appropriate files and using dattim = all, area = dset
and sfparm=dset.

Running sflist will show you if your data is in the file for garp to find.
If its not, then we need to double check the paths in the decoder invocations
of
pqact.conf.

Steve Chiswell