20000704: RCM script produces no echoes

Chris,

The problem likely stems from the pqact.conf pattern action that is being used
store the data in the rcm file. The best pattern would use the /pRCM tag to
ensure all the observations in the file are RCM's...at the time I created the
www page, not all of our top level NOAAPORT ingestors were adding the pil tag,
so I couldn't use that. Now,  I see that several FTM messages are in that
group. I would suggest:

HDS     ^SDUS4[0-6] .... ([0-3][0-9])([0-2][0-9])([0-5][0-9]).*/pRCM

The actual problem is that my loop exits at the first bulletin that is not a
RCM.
I should be more lenient.

This can be corrected in $NAWIPS/unidata/programs/gprcm/rcm.c by changing
the while loop to a while and if loop starting line ~783:

   while((get_nextbull(fp,bultin,&lenbul) == 0)&&(isrcm(bultin,lenbul) == 0))
      {
      NEXINDX = get_ndex(bultin,lenbul);
      if(NEXINDX >= 0)
         {
         clat = RADARS[NEXINDX].stnlat; clon = RADARS[NEXINDX].stnlon;
         read_nexaa(bultin,lenbul,RADARS,NEXINDX,&new_time,trange,&mode,&valid);
         if(mode > MDNA) RADARS[NEXINDX].mode = mode;
         if((valid == 0)&&(mode > MDNE)) /* should only do precip and clear air
*/
            read_nexcc(bultin,lenbul,RADARS,NEXINDX,&new_time,trange);
         }
      }

to:

   while(get_nextbull(fp,bultin,&lenbul) == 0)
      {
      if(isrcm(bultin,lenbul) == 0)
         {
         NEXINDX = get_ndex(bultin,lenbul);
         if(NEXINDX >= 0)
            {
            clat = RADARS[NEXINDX].stnlat; clon = RADARS[NEXINDX].stnlon;

read_nexaa(bultin,lenbul,RADARS,NEXINDX,&new_time,trange,&mode,&valid);
            if(mode > MDNA) RADARS[NEXINDX].mode = mode;
            if((valid == 0)&&(mode > MDNE)) /* should only do precip and clear
air */
               read_nexcc(bultin,lenbul,RADARS,NEXINDX,&new_time,trange);
            }
         }
      }

If you make this change, simply recompile with:

cd $NAWIPS/unidata/programs/gprcm
make clean
make all
make install