20000628: ordering of satellite images in garp

David,

$GARPHOME/config/Garp_defaults has templates for YYYY file naming.
If you change to that naming convention (as I have here), then the
file template must match- or you will have dates all fouled up.
This template is near the bottom of the config file.

The patches 15 & 16 fixed several Y2K bugs with satellite file naming as well
(which are needed to have the title at the bottom of the immage correctly
displayed).

Typically, if you want to separate case study data from real-time data,
all you have to do is redefine the $SAT environmental variable before
launchine ntl (and garp from ntl). Similarly for $GEMDATA, $HDS and
$NTRANS_META.

COMET configures a separate ntl.case launching script for each one of
their case studies that sets the data location variables before launching
ntl so that they can have users access any of the cases they have on line
without having data in the same directory.

Steve Chiswell