20000613: any assistance would be needed.

Thomas,

The g77 compiler which you are attempting to use is not a compatible fortran
compiler that recognizes the header structure for Gempak 5.4. I provided the
configuration for f2c in the tarfile distribution config/Makeinc.linux.
The fort77 perl script front end to f2c is used. If you do not have f2c
installed,
then you should be able to obtain it and build it or install it from a RPM.

Otherwise, you can download the Linux binary tarfile from
~gbuddy/nawips-5.4/binary/linux/gempak5.4_pl16_linux.tar.gz
and unpack in the top of your distribution tree.

Steve Chiswell