20000612: GEMPAK

>From: Matthew Maschmann <address@hidden>

>Hello,
>
>I have a question regaring access to GEMPACK.  I currently have Unidata
>Licensing information being sent to me in the mail but wanted usage of
>GEMPACK as soon as possible.  Is it possible for me to download the
>software before the license information has been processed?  I am
>working on a very limited time frame, so as soon as I can access this
>software the better.  Please let me know my options.  Also, when I was on
>the Gempack homepage attempting to download the software and was asked for
>a password.  Is this provided after the licensing information has been
>passed?
>
>Thank you for your time,
>Matt Maschmann
>Nevada Center for Advanced Computational Methods

Matt,

The access password for GEMPAK or McIDAS is provided once the license agreement
is signed, since we licence these packages from NCEP and SSEC respectively.

We develop the LDM software entrirely, so you were able to download that
software
and start receiveing IDD data before the license agreement is completed.
Your original contact mentioned needing data for running MM5 and not the
need for GEMPAK, but the licence agreement covers everything so
as soon as we receive the license we can provide you the password.

Steve Chiswell