20000502: workshop

Lynn,

Changing from cases to realtime data with Garp is very easy if
the case directory structure follows the realtime directory
structure. In this case, all that has to be done is change the
environmnetal variables that point to the GEMDATA directories
before launching the GUIs.

If the case file names use a different convention than the
realtime data, the answer would be to redefine the GARP_PATH
environmental variable to point to a directory with an alternate
Garp_defaults file.

If the case to be used is one of COMET's case studies, then COMET
may already have experience/configurations for using that case within their
classroom environment.

Steve Chiswell
Unidata User SUpport