Re: The status of Alden

On Tue, 29 Aug 2000, Peter Schmid wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> Can anyone confirm this?  Not that I don't trust you
> Gilbert.... because I do.  But if Alden *is* going
> under that will cause a lot of work in a short time
> since classes get underway next week.  But I don't
> want to go into that mode unless necessary!.
>
> Pete.

Hi Pete,

I know what you're saying, but the lack of response of phone calls and
3 week data outages confirm the obvious. I am hearing this from 3 of my
greatest sources (which I won't reveal for obvious reasons), but I can
tell you they've never let me down.

That said, This does NOT mean that Alden is necessarily going out of
business. Frankly, I do hope they come out of this, turn the company
around, and return to the status of greatness they once had years ago.
I'd rather let you know this now, because people are wondering what's
going on...and IF they do go under, you won't be caught too much off
guard, since school is just starting.

I guess what I'm trying to say in all this is the following: there is a
significant risk that you may lose DiFAX in the very near future, and you
should be doing something about it right now to avoid huge problems to
your operations if that scenario were to occur.

Internet: address@hidden    (My opinions only!)                     ******
E-mail: address@hidden                                 ***