Re: 20000331: Re: FW: DIFAX update

Hi all,

I should also add that Chiz has demonstrated facilities that allow GEMPAK users to generate the equivalent of DIFAX maps from the Redbook graphics products available on NOAAPORT.   He and Jeff Weber are looking into how these fit in with the products Michael is creating.  In any case, our usual approach is to try to provide tools for processing the data to produce products at the user sites.   But, if sites want to experiment with the distribution of Michaels processed products from U of Wisconsin, there are precedents for that as well.

We'd definitely like to hear your view in this, Jim.

-- Ben