[netCDFDecoders #WVP-802872]: Quesetions about using Java GRIB2 Decoder

Hi Wilson,

The grib library deals with the the very low levels of decoding Grib files that
has many, many details that are confusing and time consuming to understand. We
suggest using the netcdf-java library that handles the details and arranges the
data in a manner that you mentioned.

Here's a tutorial to help get you get started:
http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/netcdf-java/tutorial/

I would look at GridDatatype, NetcdfFile, and NetcdfDatasets

Documentation at:
http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/netcdf-java/documentation.htm

Here's a reference to support question with coding examples that should help
also:
http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/mailing_lists/archives/netcdf-java/2009/msg00235.html

Robb....

Ticket ID: WVP-802872