Re: 20100513: new NDFD model data for conduit

Timothy,

Thanks for the information in the previous email.

Working with the new NDFD data, I noticed that the given End time intervals were not consistent with other NCEP type models.

I was wondering why the NDFD data uses the start of interval as the given End of Interval using Octets 35-41 in PDS 4.8? It would of made more sense to me to use the End of Interval as it's calculated from the time
ranges. Here's an example:

productType  8
Reference Time  Wed May 12 15:00:00 MDT 2010
End of Interval from time ranges Mon May 17 06:00:00 MDT 2010
End of Time Interval from octets 35-41 Sun May 16 06:00:00 MDT 2010
Interval Start Stop =87 111

RT = May 12 15:00:00
End of Time Interval from octets 35-41 = RT + 87 hours
End of Interval from time ranges = RT + 111

Almost all other NCEP models use the End of Interval from time ranges as the given End of Interval in Octets 35-41

Thanks,
RObb...