New Client Reply - [netCDFDecoders !ESX-118663]: Grib2Section4 (fwd)

306 Manual on codes  WMO Grib documentation

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2010 03:57:44 -0600
From: eiselt <address@hidden>
To: address@hidden
Subject: New Client Reply - [netCDFDecoders !ESX-118663]: Grib2Section4

New Client Reply: Grib2Section4

Robb,
The documentation at address below :
http://www.nco.ncep.noaa.gov/pmb/docs/grib2/grib2_temp4-31.shtml
is not the template 4.31 but template 4.30 (obsolete)
The documentation is on the WMO web site
ftp://www.wmo.int/Documents/MediaPublic/Publications/WMO306_CodesManual
  named "WMO_306_VolI2_en.pdf"
you'll find template 4.30 and 4.31 descriptions pages 85 and 86.
Frédéric

Unidata netCDF Decoders Support a écrit :
Frédéric,

The documentation that I am using stated that the instrument value was only
one byte at Octet 19, but when I used 2 bytes the value was 591, the same value
you received. It appears that my documentation is wrong. Then the values
scaleFactorOfCentralWaveNumber and scaledValueOfCentralWaveNumber came out to
be correct.
 Do you have a reference to the satellite PDS documentation so that
I can refer it to the NCEP to have their documentation corrected.
 Also, the proto-type needs to be refactored before I can release the fix.

Robb...

Ticket ID: ESX-118663
Department: Support netCDF Decoders

Frédéric Eiselt
MétéoFrance CMS/LOG (Logiciels)
Avenue de Lorraine BP 50747
22307 Lannion Cedex
Adresse Email : address@hidden
Tel : 02 96 05 67 81 / Fax : 02 96 05 67 37

Ticket ID: ESX-118663
Department: Support netCDF Decoders
Link:
https://www.unidata.ucar.edu/esupport/staff/index.php?_m=tickets&_a=viewticket&ticketid=10873