[SupportPlaza #PNM-192609]: NEXRAD floater request Broken link

Hi Patrick,

Being that it is at Fort Campbell I suspect it is a DOD radar..the NEXRAD
network consists od NWS, FAA, and DOD radars. Some of the FAA and DOD do not
have network capability of transmitting the level II so the prod generation is
done locally and then distributed. NCDC may have archived level II from KHPX,
but for real time..I do not think it is available.

Cheers,

Jeff

> Yeah that is odd.  Do you know whom I can contact that might point me to
> level II data feed for HPX?
>
> -Patrick
>
> Unidata Datastream Support wrote:
> > Hi Patrick,
> >
> > HPX (Fort Campbell KY) ~appears to be available only in the NEXRAD stream.
> >
> > I find this odd as the level III products (N0R, N1R, etc) are derived from
> > the level II data, so it has to be out there somewhere, but I am only
> > seeing site HPX in the level III (NEXRAD) feed.
> >
> > Cheers,
> >
> > Jeff Weber
> > Unidata User Support
> >

> >> Thanks for the prompt response.  Can you tell me how I can get the radar
> >> site HPX?  Is it in the NEXRAD2 (i.e., level 2) feed now or does it
> >> remain in NOAAport NEXRAD (i.e., base)?
> >>
> >> -Patrick

> > Jeff Weber
> > Unidata User Support