Re: your mail

On Sat, 21 Jul 2007, Giannakos Apostolos wrote:

Dear list

I run GrADS 1.8s11 in Slackware 10.2(linux). I have a file in bufr format and i
want to convert it to ascii and derive from the various fields that has
horizontal visibility. Finally i want the ascii file to has these fields:
Station lat lon  Year Month Day Time Visibility

 Do you  know what procedure should i follow to convert from bufr to ascii?

Hiya,

There is a Java prototype bufr library in the Unidata decoder ftp directory, called bufr-decoder-java_1.1.01.tar.gz. As stated it's a prototype but it does have a routine called bufrdump that dumps out to ascii. I didn't test it on the attached file because I'm busy preparing for a training workshop.

Robb...

  I am also attaching a file in bufr format that i want to convert.

 If you do not use grads for bufr decoding please tell me what software you use
for bufr decoding and convert to ascii

  Thanks in Advance for your time

  Apostolis Giannakos

  Laboratory of Satellite Meteorology Climatology
  Department of Geography
  University of Aegean
  Mytilene Greece