BOUNCE address@hidden: Non-member submission from ["Unidata netCDF Decoders Support" <address@hidden>]

From address@hidden  Wed Apr 11 21:45:19 2007
To: address@hidden
Subject: [netCDFDecoders #WBK-579825]: NAWIPS Formats?
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2007 21:45:18 -0600
Cc: address@hidden
From: "Unidata netCDF Decoders Support" <address@hidden>

Hi Sher,

I apologize for not getting back to you before now...  I was in Burkina
Faso (Africa) when you sent your note, and am just now getting back into
the swing of things back here in Boulder (after finishing my taxes today).

re:
> We are attempting to work with the NESDIS SSD folks to get some of their
> fire weather shape files into our system. We're having a problem with
> how the AWIPS servers look at shape files as they don't utilize the time
> stamp like netcdf or DGM does.  One of the things the NESDIS folks
> suggested is that they can produce VGF files - like they do in NAWIPS.
> Do you know of any VGF to to netcdf converters? They mentioned that they
> send VGF files to Unidata, so thought you might know something about this.

Chiz would know the most about VGF files; I don't think that he
is writing their contents to netCDFs.

> Let me know if this is a complete 'I have no idea what you're talking
> about' moment and I'll see what else I can come up with.

Well, it is a bit of I have no idea of how to convert VGFs to netCDFs,
but that should not be suprising :-)

> Thanks - have a good weekend!

Thanks!

Ticket ID: WBK-579825