Re: Question about GFS catalogs and data on motherlode

On Tue, 28 Nov 2006, John Caron wrote:

> robb, can you comment?

yep, below.

> Tom Baltzer wrote:
> > Hi Guys,
> >

> > I have been doing some comparisons of data and catalogs on lead and
> > motherlode and discovered an interesting situation I wondered if you
> > could fill me in on.
> >

> > Basically there are several GFS datasets on motherlode that are not
> > being cataloged (at least in the GFS Model catalog) – in
> > ~ldm/data/pub/native/grid/GFS they are directories:
> >

> > Ensemble_1p25deg

these Grib1 grids consist of 3 tiles and are quasi-regular. the GRIB
library can't handle these at the current time so we decided not to catalog.
the tile processing is low priority because it's only in Grib1 and Grib1
is being phased out.

> > Extended_Global_5p0deg
Grib1 grid with 2 tiles, can't handle

> > Global_1p0deg_Ensemble
Grib2 Ensemble grid, should be cataloged as soon as ensemble processing is
finished. Some coding is needed in the grib IOSP for ensembles.

> > Spectral_1p25deg
Grib1 grids consist of 8 tiles and are quasi-regular, can't handle.

robb...