Re: New Ticket - [netCDFDecoders !PMV-165724]: can not download GRIBJAVA.tar.gz (fwd)

FYI

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Wed, 30 Aug 2006 14:38:27 -0600 (MDT)
From: Jennifer Oxelson <address@hidden>
To: Robb Kambic <address@hidden>
Subject: Re: New Ticket - [netCDFDecoders !PMV-165724]: can not download
    GRIBJAVA.tar.gz (fwd)

Robb,

Could be a couple of things.  Looks like he is using Windows, so first
let's try the following:

Ask if he using a browser that has a plug-in to assist with downloads.
E.g., a download accelerator such as DAP.

Our authentication system keeps prompting him to login since his
browser/client is not sending the same Accept-Language HTTP request header
that he authenticated under. Consequently, it sees this as session
hijacking attempt and destroys his session (which results in a redirect to
the login page).

The cause of this is usually attributed to a non-standard client or
browser plug-in that does not send the correct HTTP headers. If used by
themselves, standard browsers, including Mozilla and Firefox will send the
correct HTTP headers.

Let's take it from there.  In the meantime, ask him to try another browser
(e.g., IE).

Thanks