Re: Alternate direction for netCDF-4

On Wed, 26 Oct 2005, Russ Rew wrote:

> Randy,
>
> > BTW, do you have anyone working on netCDF-perl these days?  Does it
> > support Perl-5.8?

Randy,

no, there is no workaround for using netCDF-perl with Perl-5.8. we tried
to find one but all attempts failed, it's just a bad version. But, we have
success using netCDF-perl with Perl-5.8.3 and Perl-5.8.4. on both solaris
and linux os's. we have a couple machines running the netCDF decoders package
that use netCDF-perl in real time without problems for over a year.  I
think the lastest linux versions come with Perl-5.8.4 or  a perl
upgrade should be backward compatiable with your code.

Robb...