Re: buoy2nc going haywire on lead4

On Mon, 3 Oct 2005, Tom Baltzer wrote:

> Hi Robb,
>

> There are many bouy2nc processes on lead4 and it keeps creating more and
> more.  This is a new problem.  The error messages in ldmd.log are of this
> form:
>

> Oct 03 14:57:06 lead4 pqact[23780] ERROR: pipe_put:
> decoders/buoy2ncetc/buoy.cdldata/pub/decoded/netcdf/surface/buoy200510 write
> error
>

> There is ample space and there are many previously created bouy files of the
> form: {date}_buoy.nc
>

> The buoy log files say things like:
>

> buoyLog.23838.log:ncopen: filename
> "data/pub/decoded/netcdf/surface/buoy/2005100313_buoy.nc": Not a
netCDF file

tom,

sometimes this happens when ncgen tries to create a netcdf file and there
is not enough space on the disk. so the netcdf files have a size 0, which
is not a netcdf file so the decoder spews many error messages. you did the
correct procedure of deleting all the *nc files with size 0. i wonder what
caused this to happen because there is plenty of disk space. let me know
if this happens again, i would like to look at the problem first hand.

robb...