RE: Grib File

On Fri, 29 Jul 2005, Nelson Brandon K A1C AFWA/SCSA wrote:

> Hey me again! Another question...

from the IndexFormat.txt file:

3. Grib1 file index

Section 1 same as Grib2

Section 2 Grib Records
one line for each record in the file
blank separated

ProductType Discipline Category Parameter LevelType1 LevelValue1 255
LevelValue2
 ReferenceTime ForecastTime Gdskey BmsOrGdsOffset -l DecScale BmsExists^M

>0 0 -1 11 107 0 255 0 2005-07-07T00:00:00Z 69 3495848078 82 23398 1 false

so:

ProductType =0
Discipline =0
Category =0
Parameter =11
LevelType1 =107
LevelValue1 =0
255  // there is not level2Type in Grib1 as in Grib2
LevelValue2=0
ReferenceTime =2005-07-07T00:00:00Z
ForecastTime =69
Gdskey =3495848078
BmsOrGdsOffset = 82
-l =23398 //this is probably what confused you, it's the endOfRecord offset
DecScale =1
BmsExists =false

the text explanation of the first eight number fields are in the one of
the following files:
Grib1ProductDefinitionSection.java GribPDSLevel.java
Grib1GridDefinitionSection.java, and the afwa.tab

robb...