20050603:GEMPAK to netCDF converter?

Hi Yolande,

What would probably be a better path would be to take the original model
output (GRIB) and convert to netCDF..using "gribtonc". You can go back to
GRIB from GEMPAK, but that can be lossy. If you have access to the
original GRIB files that is the way I would go about it. NCDC offers
retrospective runs of the GFS in native GRIB or GRIB2 format. I have cc'd
Robb Kambic as he is our decoder guru and may have some other
advice/options...

Cheers,

Jeff