GRIB decoder (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Tue, 31 May 2005 17:00:14 -0700
From: Ramesh_S_Mantri <address@hidden>
To: Robb Kambic <address@hidden>
     support-thredds <address@hidden>
Subject: GRIB decoder

Robb,
   I tried out what you suggested below on one GRIB data file. I am
happy to report that it worked well. I have a few more things to do
in this regard, such as:

1. Try out on various GRIB files
2. write code to gather metadata from NetCDF files
3. write code to invoke gribtocdl and gribtonc from inside an app
4. later on in life, try and see if we could replace the above process
    with some Java code
5. etc

I will be in touch when necessary. Thanks.
sincerely,
Ramesh