RE: udunits and netCDF

On Fri, 28 Jan 2005, Latimer, S wrote:

> I could not find the undunits-1.12.4.tar.Z on the website:
> http://my.unidata.ucar.edu/modules.php?name=Downloads
>
> The only one I found as binary for linux is the 1.11.7 version.

ok, we can use 1.11.7  version

% cd udunits-1.11.7
% ls

should be:

bin/      man/      etc/      include/  lib/

 In the source page, I could not find one for Linux, but only then the latest
version is 1.12.2.
> I did find the netCDF file, but once again after gunzipping and untar there
> is not a configure file in the netCDF directory.

after you unzip the file, from that dir do

% cd netcdf-3.6.0/src/

ls should be:

cxx/             nf_test/         configure*       aclocal.m4
man/             libsrc/          configure.in     COPYRIGHT
ncgen/           nc_test/         macros.make.in   config.guess*
win32/           nctest/          rules.make       config.sub*
f90/             MANIFEST         RELEASE_NOTES    install-sh*
fortran/         INSTALL          VERSION
ncdump/          Makefile         README

then do these commands:

% setenv CF
% setenv CC gcc
% ./configure