gribtonc problem

Hello,

I have downloaded and installed decoders-3.0.3 from ftp://
ftp.unidata.ucar.edu/pub/decoders to obtain to the program gribtonc

I have compiled the code using the configure script and make on a PC
running
Suse linux 9.0, using gcc.

The code compiles and installs with no error messages.

The problem I have is when I try to convert the attached grib file
(junk3.grb)
which is 6hourly 1000hPa 2.5degree grid for DJF 19991201 to 20000228 I
get incorrect dates in the junk3.nc
output (attached).

These are the commands I used to create the files.

gribtocdl junk3.grb > junk.cdl
gribtonc junk.cdl junk3.nc < junk3.grb

Paul,

It seems that the problem was a change for the starting of the 21 century,
it was designed to start at 2001 not 2000. I made some mods but forgot to
change the version of the package.  So get decoders-3.0.3.tar.Z package
again and recompile.

Thanks for catching this,
Robb...

  "1999-12-31 00:00:00Z",
  "1999-12-31 06:00:00Z",
  "1999-12-31 12:00:00Z",
  "1999-12-31 18:00:00Z",
  "2000-01-01 00:00:00Z",
  "2000-01-01 06:00:00Z",
  "2000-01-01 12:00:00Z",
  "2000-01-01 18:00:00Z",

Any help you can offer would be appreciated.
Regards,
Paul

Paul Della-Marta
PhD Student                   +41 (0)31 6318868 phone
Meteorology and Climatology   +41 (0)31 6318511 fax
Physical Geography
University of Bern
Hallerstrasse 12, CH-3012 Bern
SwitzerlandA