Re: 20040506: netCDF Decoders - Sun UNIX - CDLs

On Fri, 21 May 2004, Beth Hall wrote:

> Robb --
>
> Thanks for the advice on the CDL's.  You mentioned how to use most of the
> CDL's except for the gfs_211.cdl.  This one is of most interest to me
> since it seems to be for a much higher resolution (80 km) than the others
> and still shows the forecast data.  However, I'm having a hard time
> knowing what the actual lat/lon coordinates are for this 80 km grid.  Is

Beth,

The coordinates are constant.

Lat/lon values of the corners of the grid
(1,1)   12.190N, 133.459W
(1,65)  54.536N, 152.856W
(93,65)         57.290N, 49.385W
(93,1)  14.335N, 65.091W

Here's the basic info on all the grids at:

http://www.nco.ncep.noaa.gov/pmb/docs/on388/tableb.html

Actually http://www.nco.ncep.noaa.gov/pmb/docs/on388 give the details of
parameters, etc too.

Other info: