Re: 20040322: Any idea why gribtocdl does a "floating exception" on this file?

On Tue, 23 Mar 2004, Rich Signell wrote:

> Robb,
>
> What type of system are you running "gribtocdl" on?
> (I was running Tru64 4.0F).  And you were using
> decoders 3.0.3, right?

Rich,

I'm using a solaris box running SunOS 5.9.  I tried it on our Tru64 system
and got the same results that you did. I found the place where the
Floating Point exception happens but I didn't figure out why. The gribdump
program also had the same Floating Point exception.  The problem is in the
main code base.

> Regarding the lon/lat values, I was hoping the NetCDF
> file would have equal spacing in the rotated pole
> coordinate.  That's the tricky part here -- it's not a
> uniform true lon/lat grid, like many grib files.  It's
> only regularly spaced in the rotated pole coordinates.

I didn't have a full understanding of rotated lon/lat grids until I talked
with my co-workers. Now I can probably code the the creation of the
lat/lon part of the cdl.

Robb...