RE: LEAD data sets

On Tue, 23 Mar 2004, Tom Baltzer wrote:

> Hi Robb,
>
> Thanks much for putting together the pqact.conf file for the LEAD data
> sets...  of course now that means I have questions for you about it :-)
> I am working my way through the 7 sets in an effort to get them all flowing
> into the LEAD testbed as well as to try to understand them better.
>
> Beginning w/METAR data I note that we don't seem to be getting it.  I
> believe that the ldmd.conf entry for it is as follows:
>
> request WMO     ".*"    thelma.ucar.edu PRIMARY
>
> (Is METAR part of IDS, DDS, PPS or all 3?)

Tom,

The feedtype is first part of the pqact entry, so it's  DDS|IDS

> I believe that the pqact.conf entrys for it are:
>
> DDS|IDS ^S(A....|P....|XUS8.) .... ([0-3][0-9])
>         PIPE    decoders/metar2nc
>         etc/metar.cdl
>         data/pub/decoded/netcdf/surface
>         (\2:yy)(\2:mm)
>
> and:
>
> DDS|IDS        ^S(A....|P....|XUS8.) .... ([0-3][0-9])
>        PIPE    decoders/metar2nc.new
>        etc/metar.cdl.new
>        data/pub/decoded/netcdf/surface/metar
>        (\2:yyyy)(\2:mm)
>
> (NOTE: we commented this second one out for now as we don't have the
> metar2nc.new decoder - where do we find that?  Also how is it different than
> metar2nc?)
>
> However when I look into data/pub/decoded/netcdf there is no surface
> directory and thus no evidence that we're getting the METAR data.

The metar2nc.new is prototype for new output format with new variable
names.  At this time forget about it

> I compare with ldmd.conf and pqact.conf on motherload and it all seems like
> it "should" work, but it's not.
>
> Any ideas?

Are you set up to receive data from thelma?  There has to be an ALLOW
entry in the ldmd.conf for your machine name(IP) on thelma.  You can test
it on your machine by using notifyme, ie

% notifyme -vl - -f "IDS|DDS"

It should show the product that are arriving on the screen. Also, you can
test what products are arriving on thelma by:

% notifyme -vl - -f "IDS|DDS" -h thelma.ucar.edu

What's your machine name?

Robb...