Re: 20031229: netCDF Decoders - Redhat 8.0

On Mon, 29 Dec 2003, Teresa Van Hove wrote:

> Robb,
>
> Thanks so much for the help.  However the /pub directory I'm trying
> to write to has 970 Gbytes free and the netcdf files I'm trying to
> duplicate or possibly replace with 1x1 deg for 1.25x1.25 deg are 5
> Mbytes each so there should be plenty of room.
>
> How does one run gribtonc on command line?  I'm being dense here,
> but trying to cat individual HHxxxx files into gribtonc gives a
> segmentation fault and  I cant think how else the PIPE would work on
> command line.
>
> ie I'm trying to go
> cat HHMA40 | /usr/local/ldm/decoders/gribtonc -v HHMA40 -q
> "lin,dlat=1.25,dlon=1.25"
> /usr/local/ldm/decoders/cdls/avn-1.25x1.25.cdl test_nc

Teresa,

Maybe something else is going wrong.  Here's the command line I use that
sends the errors to the screen, then we can see what's wrong.

% /usr/local/ldm/decoders/gribtonc -v -l - -q "lin,dlat=1.25,dlon=1.25" \
/usr/local/ldm/decoders/cdls/avn-1.25x1.25.cdl test.nc < HHMA40

Robb...