RE: Gribtonc changes

Glenn,

First of all, where do you work within NOAA?  Are you at NESDIS?  I'm just
curious.  I work as a contract meteorologist for the National Weather
Service Spaceflight Meteorlogy Group in case you were wondering ...

Anyways, shockingly, I have actually been documenting the Unidata
netcdf-decoders package installation process.  I have put this page out at:
http://www.srh.noaa.gov/smg/netcdf-decoders.html

Anyways, as you can see from the web page I created, there are some pitfalls
I ran into along the way, but was able to overcome.  If you want, I can
clean up the page, removing all my pitfalls and silly comments and that way
you can have your "users" (who might this be??) reference this page?  Just
let me know.  I'm here to help!!  We should work together to try and get the
NWS community all on the same page!!

Also, I'm not finished with the page because I want to add some examples on
how to use the "gribtonc" command via command line and via LDM.   By the
way, does anybody have a CDL file written for the 12 km ETA data by chance?

One important thing:  The web page I created assumes you have already
installed LDM!!!  Do you know how to do this?  If not, you can go to
http://my.unidata.ucar.edu and register as a my unidata user.  Once you've
registered, click on the "Software" link and then click on "LDM" (or you can
go directly there by going to
http://my.unidata.ucar.edu/content/software/ldm/index.html ).  We love LDM!!
FYI ... we just grabbed the binary version of LDM and are running 5.2.2, we
still need to step up to 6.0.13

As for your question of "if the awips table sited in the email below has
been used and works?" ... I am getting close to finding out.  I finally
finished installing the decoders package yesterday.  I'm taking baby steps
on using the decoders package right now and I plan on testing the awips
table CDL file next week.  I'm hoping that it is straight forward to get the
resultant netcdf file to display in D2D?

Hope this helps!

Brian Hoeth
Spaceflight Meteorology Group
Johnson Space Center