RE: A complete list of upperair stations? (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2003 12:37:23 -0700
From: Herm Wojdylak <address@hidden>
To: 'Jennifer M. Adams' <address@hidden>,
     LDM Users <address@hidden>
Subject: RE: A complete list of upperair stations?

You can download http://205.156.54.206/pub/stninfo/nsd_bbsss.txt from NWS.
This contains all but 4 of the "invalid" stations listed. NWS has been
trying to update the list about monthly. Maybe the others will evenyually
show up if you check back in a month or two. If I remember the format
correctly, if there are two lat/lon pairs, the second pair is the upper air
obs location and if there are two elevations, the second one is the upper
air obs base elevation. I believe documentation about the format is at
..../stninfo.

Herm Wojdylak

Weathernews Americas Inc
Sunnyvale, CA